Consider this the next time you make judgements on your pastor, or anyone else’s. Consider that you have no idea of the weight of the assignment they carry. Not saying that pastors should have a free ride to do wrong and never be checked, but consider that uplifting and supporting your leader is far more useful than criticizing them...
Let these stats sizzle in your spirit for a while... * 75% of pastors report being “extremely stressed” or “highly stressed”
* 90% work between 55 to 75 hours per week
* 90% feel fatigued and worn out every week
* 70% say they’re grossly underpaid
* 40% report a serious conflict with a parishioner at least once a month
* 78% were forced to resign from their church (63% at least twice), most commonly because of church conflict
* 80% will not be in ministry ten years later and only a fraction make it a lifelong career. On average, seminary trained pastors last only five years in church ministry.
* 100% of 1,050 Reformed and Evangelical pastors had a colleague who had left the ministry because of burnout, church conflict, or moral failure.
* 91% have experienced some form of burnout in ministry and 18% say they are “fried to a crisp right now”.
I tagged as many of my pastor friends that I can think of, because Praying for all of you, constantly. 🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽